Packing and Moving Tips
If there is one thing that almost everyone dislikes about moving, it is the packing
process. It can take a long time, it is stressful, and you can end up very overwhelmed at
the end of the day. But if you follow just a few vital packing and moving tips, you will
see that the whole process can go a lot smoother than you would have imagined before.
It is never too late to get started with the hard things.
1) Make sure to book up a moving company two to four weeks before you move.
You do not want to get to the last minute and not have the proper truck to help
you take everything to the new place. Instead, book them in advance and save
yourself some trouble.
2) Start with the closets, basement, and attic. When you know that you are going to
move, start in these three areas first. The attic and the basement often get
forgotten about and these rooms usually take more work and time. Pack up these
areas first, so it is off of your plate.
3) Use suitcases and wardrobe boxes for clothes. Clothes are often the heaviest
things to pack in boxes, but if you use suitcases to pack all your clothes from
drawers in, and then you can use wardrobe boxes for all of your hanging clothes.
This makes it easier for you to know what is in each box, and it allows for things
not to get too wrinkled.
4) Pack up unused items first. If you know that you have a lot of unused things in
the cabinets, get those packed up first. This way, you know that you will not use
them before the move, and it is one less thing to worry about later.
5) Label everything!! One of the most important things it to make sure that you
mark every bag or box properly and clearly. This makes it so much easier to
drop it off in the correct room when unloading your truck. Then, when you get
in to unpack, you have less work for yourself.
6) Pack your books in many small boxes. You may be tempted to put them all in
one box, but it will get too heavy. By putting them in smaller boxes, you can
easily carry them to where they need to go, without hurting yourself in the